Orrick currently has an excellent opportunity for a Collections Coordinator in the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV.
Orrick is again one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the annual list that recognizes companies with extraordinary workplace cultures. Selected among hundreds of companies that Fortune considered this year, Orrick is one of only five law firms to make the 2018 list.
Do you want to be an essential member of our dynamic high-energy Finance team? If so, we may have the opportunity for you. In this role, you will collaborate with your team to execute and secure the firm's accounts receivable portfolio.
• You will serve, coordinate and administer your attorney portfolios.
• You will analyze targets accounts receivable items for follow-up with attorneys and clients.
• You will work to develop strong, credulous, and mutually beneficial relationships with your assigned attorneys, paralegals, and secretaries.
• You will establish a consistent and open line of communication with the Billing Attorneys as relevant to existing policies and protocols.
• You will coordinate the payment processing by Coordinates the payment process by building and maintaining an ongoing working relationships with client personnel in their administrative, legal, and accounting departments.
• Contact delinquent accounts and request payment to bring the accounts current.
• Coordinates the collection efforts including writing (email), telephone calling, and communicating with accounts payable personnel to assess the payment status of a bill.
• Establishes alternative payment plan for payment of delinquent accounts, if client is unable to make payment in full.
• Ensures bills conform to clients' billing protocol and communicate clients' requests and concerns to attorneys and billing staff.
• Researches and provides necessary backup requested by the client.
• Updates and maintains client accounts receivable file in Expert Collections collection module.
• Acquire complete understanding of Expert Collections and provide training to billing and collections team.
• Communicate and update billing attorneys on accounts receivable status and provide input to attorneys for possible actions on a particular receivable.
• Monitor daily cash receipts for regular payments, negotiated payments, and unapplied funds.
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or similar degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with GAAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• One to three years of related collection experience.
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Proficiency with Excel/MS Word and Windows environment.
• Ability to operate within billing and accounts receivable systems.
• Initiative and dedicated approach to client service and teamwork.
• Flexibility and ability to handle several tasks in a fast-paced working environment.
• Strong administrative skills in areas of organization, attention to detail, and project management.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple--we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Staff and Paralegal Job Opportunities listed on our careers page at www.orrick.com/careers/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities