Do you love working with smart, dynamic, collaborative teams? Are you looking for an entry level position where you can build on your 0-2 years of professional services experience? We may have the opportunity that you have been looking for.
QR Code Link to This Post
Orrick currently has an opening in the Global Operations Center (GOC) in Wheeling, WV for a Billing Coordinator I position.
Orrick is again one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, the annual list that recognizes companies with extraordinary workplace cultures. Selected among hundreds of companies that Fortune considered this year, Orrick is one of only five law firms to make the 2018 list.
As a part of the billing team, you will assist the team by working on various system tasks and supporting other coordinators and billing analysts in performing the billing functions as needed for attorneys and clients requiring specialized invoices including but not limited to:
• Performing various procedures related to maintaining and tracking prebills at the beginning of every month.
• Reviewing completed narrative edits for accuracy and compliance with client guidelines. You will make edits when appropriate after obtaining necessary approvals: such as monetary changes on prebills, transfers and split time entries, and make time sheet adjustments and in-memo adjustments.
• Reviewing and verifying that disbursement narratives and backup invoices are clear and adhere to client guidelines.
• Retrieving, compiling and annotating back-up invoices for billed disbursements according to client preferences and pre-established guidelines.
• Responding to inquiries from timekeepers about client billing procedures by monitoring the hotline and the general e-mail box. Your daily duties will involve clear and concise communication with attorneys, secretaries and personnel in Europe and Asia offices.
• Checking rates, calculating discounts, and setting up rates.
• Processing bills and disbursements, editing and posting bills for U.S., European and Asian offices, and filing, retrieving off site back-up, reconciling accounts, and client follow-up.
• Providing support on special projects such as Quarterly WIP cleanup, Billing & Realization updates, and updating ARCS notes for monthly WIP and AR.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 0 to 2 years of related work experience in a professional services environment, including a dedicated and enthusiastic approach to customer service and collaboration.
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles preferred.
• Proficiency in a Windows environment, with knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and problem solving skills.
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse population requesting a variety of tasks and assignments.
• Established strength in working independently as well as part of a team.
• Flexibility and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic working environment.
• Unparalleled customer service skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-up skills.
Who we are:
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple--we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Orrick offers a friendly work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Staff & Paralegal Job Opportunities listing at https://www.orrick.com/Careers.
No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.