Are you a self-starter and have a high level of initiative and drive? Do you love working with smart, dynamic, collaborative teams and have 2-5 years of accounting experience? This may be the position for you.
QR Code Link to This Post
Orrick currently has an opening for an entry level General Ledger Analyst II in our Global Operations Center ("GOC") in Wheeling, WV.
Our GOC in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm. Our GOC location is within commuting distance of the greater Pittsburgh area and Ohio Valley, including: Pittsburgh, Carnegie, Moon, Robinson, Cranberry, Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park, Southpointe, Bridgeville, McKees Rocks, Upper St. Clair, McMurray, Canonsburg and Washington; St. Clairsville, New Martinsville, Cambridge and the Weirton-Steubenville metro area.
What Will You Do? As a General Ledger ("GL") Analyst II, you will work under the direction of the General Ledger Manager and in collaboration with the GL / Finance Teams to maintain the integrity of the firm's financial accounts. In this role, you will act as a liaison with accounting staff in the domestic and international offices.
Your responsibilities include:
• Responsible for all domestic and international office accounting. Act as liaison with accounting staff in those offices.
• Responsible for budgeting depreciation and reforecasting
• Responsible for the banking transactions, accounts, discrepancies, security, ext.
• Responsible for the fixed asset management of the firm.
• Acts as a backup for the cash management of the FIRM
• Daily trust and escrow activities.
• Daily and/or monthly reconciliation and analysis of general ledger and sub-ledger accounts.
• Preparation of journal entries.
• Review financial statements against budget or prior year and investigate all material variances.
• Prepare audit schedules.
• Other special projects, research, and duties, as required.
Do you have the following qualifications?
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
• Two to five years of experience in an accounting position required.
• Strong analytical and communications skills.
• High level of proficiency in using computerized general ledger systems (CMS) and Excel/MS Word applications, and operating in a Windows environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of team.
• Excellent customer service experience required.
• Excellent time management, organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks required
Who is Orrick? As an employer of choice, we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, team-oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession. For the fourth year in a row, Fortune selected Orrick among the 100 best workplace cultures for the very best talent. Orrick ranks in the top 15 and is the highest-ranked law firm of only four firms on the 2019 list. We provide excellent service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most hardworking individuals at every level. We champion a culture that is committed to excellence, but is also fun, inclusive and real. Learn more about our awesome employee experience here: https://www.greatplacetowork.com/certified-company/1001316.
Orrick offers a collaborative work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits, including lots of extra perks like free biometric screenings, paid time to participate in community service activities and the day off for your birthday.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
How to Apply: If you are searching for a chance to create an impact, you have a little grit and you love working with a team, we want to talk with you. To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Staff and Paralegal Opportunities Listings at https://www.orrick.com/Careers.
No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.